Guide to Short Term Campervan Insurance
Short term campervan insurance is perfect because paying for a whole year of insurance may not be the best option for you if you only use that van from time to time.
After all, it’s a big waste of money to pay for cover that you just aren’t using.
The good news is that you don’t have to go with an annual policy if you don’t need it.
- Temporary, or short term campervan insurance is available, offering you a great way to get the cover you need when you need it.
- Stop paying all year long on the insurance that you don’t use very often. You enjoy low rates and the cover needed by going with a temporary policy.
Reason #1 – You’re Taking a Holiday with Someone’s Else’s Campervan
One of the reasons that you may need temporary van insurance is if you are taking a holiday and you want to take your friends, or a borrowed campervan or motorhome.
- If you have a camper van, it’s definitely nice to take it on holiday with you, since it offers more room for your family and more room for the items you want to take along with you as well.
- Of course, you’re probably only spending a week or two on your holiday, so why end up paying for insurance all year long?
- Instead of insuring your van for times when you don’t use it, only take out the temporary cover for that holiday to make sure you are covered in the event that something happens.
Reason #2 – You Need Cover for Hired Campervan or Motorhome
Another reason that you may need to have temporary campervan insurance if you repair them or you hire one.
- A campervan can definitely be helpful when you are moving larger items since it has more room.
- This doesn’t mean that you need to keep your van insured all the time if you only use it occasionally to help others when they move.
- You can purchase the temporary cover for only a couple days that will make sure that your van is covered while you are helping friends or family members move.
You’ll only pay for those couple days and the rest of the time you won’t have to worry about paying for something that you don’t use.
Reason #3 – You Only Need Short Term for Your Business
If you have a business, you may need to use campervans for a short time.
- Some businesses only need vans at certain times, which means it is too expensive to pay for an annual policy if you only are using these vans short term.
- Temporary van insurance is available for commercial use as well, so you can purchase it when you need to use vans for a short amount of time.
Going this route can definitely save your business a whole lot of money since it can be expensive to insure multiple vans for a long period of time.
- Many people today only use their vans from time to time, making an annual policy a big waste of money.
- You don’t have to go with annual policies if you only need to use your van from time to time, that’s why insurers offer day or week cover.
- Temporary campervan insurance can give you the cover you need without costing you the money that a yearly policy would cost you.